If you want to master the Google search engine, then this is the book for you. Google Power Search was originally published by O’Reilly Media in August 2011, and has been massively expanded and updated for its third edition (as of August 2021).
Behind Google’s deceptively simple interface is immense power for both market and competitive research — but only if you know how to execute complex queries that require advanced search skills. This concise book takes you through the full range of Google’s most powerful features so that you can quickly find the specific information you need. You’ll learn techniques such as:
- Using Boolean logic to limit queries that could be interpreted in different ways.
- Incorporating search operators such as filetype:, intitle:, and site: to restrict the scope of a query.
- Using filtering tools such as Similar Pages and SafeSearch to find results beyond those that match your query.
- Exploring content hidden in specialized services like Google News, Google Books, Google Images, and Google Scholar.
- Using Google for effective search engine optimization (SEO) practices.
No matter how well you think you know Google, I guarantee you’ll learn something new in this book.
To order Google Power Search in the trade paperback, Kindle, and Audible audiobook formats, go to its product page on Amazon.com.